I don't usually do this, but this year I am making New Years Resolutions. I usually don't because I don't want the opportunity to have to say I broke them and feel stupid about it. However, this year there are some things I want to accomplish and some goals I want to reach. In doing this, I also want to inspire you to set goals and keep them as well. Maybe this year, in 2013, we can live better lives and make this world a better place doing it. Some of these I want to start immediately and some will happen over time and later on in the year. Some of these are less of resolutions and more of goals for 2013.
- I want to wake up earlier and read, drink coffee, and pray. ::: I'm really bad about sleeping in as much as I can and I have so many books that I need to finish/start that I need to make time for those. It can be the Bible but it could also be things like other Christian books or even my marketing/creativity books that I have been reading lately.
- I want to end any commitments that do not encourage me to grow in the areas of my career, my ministry, and my closest relationships. ::: This means dropping things that don't give me job experience, ministry opportunities, or make me closer to my closest friends and Katie. Breakdown Ministries is a perfect example of things I should be apart of because it helps me with my career and my ministry. I want to get involved in more things like that.
- I want to get an internship. ::: This is a big one. I need an internship at some point before the fall semester. I've applied at many places, mainly small branding business in the DFW area, but I am also looking at churches (coughFIELDERcough) for internships as well.
- Fall semester, I want to have at least a well paying part time job. ::: This isn't as much of a necessity as the internship, but whether it's at a branding company or a church, I want to have a paycheck coming in so I can start saving for marriage and graduation.
- Academically, I want to make all A's. ::: This is something I haven't done since 7th grade. I'm notoriously bad at school and this past semester I made big steps in turning things around and doing better. I have more and harder classes this semester but I want to work harder and study harder and really turn out all A's for the first time in a long time. I think I can do it too
That's five to start with. I would say I want to start working out more but I have a class that'll make me do that this semester. So I'm not too worried about that. I truly hope I grow in these areas throughout 2013 and accomplish my goals. Anyone reading this is allowed to keep me accountable and ask me at any time how I'm doing on these.
I hope you too are setting realistic goals for 2013 and that you are already taking steps to keeping them. What are some of your New Years Resolutions and how do you plan on keeping them? I'd love to hear in the comments below!
Happy New Years everyone!